Online learning popularly called E-learning which is gaining more popularity since the time of the pandemic because all the virtual classes changed into online classes and it’s upgraded the education system. The new approach to online teaching has totally changed the perspective of learning and therefore the way of teaching like it used to be. These days, where the globe has been affected by the corona pandemic and social distancing, the most effective way to provide education is through online mode and it’s the necessity of the hour. As with the world-changing, every moment with too must pace up with all the changes and challenges that are available the way. An efficient and convenient method is online teaching where both the student and teacher get the chance to showcase their talent and capabilities.
Teachers and students do have a lot of burdens, they have to put more effort than in virtual classes creating groups, managing lectures, or changing the strategies it sometimes becomes difficult but despite that everyone is putting their best efforts to collectively make online teaching a better place to learn and attend. Teachers are working constantly hard to make everything possible and ensuring that it helps students best along with managing their personal life to professional life.
How to improve online learning
The element that we are missing in online learning is the lack of communication between the student and the teacher, the social space that was present in virtual classrooms. Social interaction is missing because of the covid pandemic traditional way of teaching got limited to online classes only. Students were adapted to going to school and meeting friends, teachers, and colleagues but now these learning and interaction are just in front of the screens it’s a kind of isolation from going out and attending the virtual classes. To cut off the gap few strategies needed to be implemented so that online learning be improved:
- Daily interaction– the interaction among students and teachers is a great way to kill the distance between them, teaching is not where the class ends but talking and asking their doubts or queries can help out to sort things. There should be two-way communication where students should not only be spectators but also the participants also i.e. raise questions, make surveys and conduct polls.
- Individual connecting to students– in traditional classrooms the teacher and student do talk and interact with each other. Although online teaching can also do the same thing but only if what Google meets can be more evaluated.
- Parents giving privacy to their children– how many times do parents check when their children to go virtual classes, but in reality and online classes students don’t have their private space because of which they feel distracted and disturbed.
- Socializing opportunities– social skills are important in a student’s life as much as education matters. Teachers can create project groups or collaboration where students interact and socialize allowing them to free let their thoughts out in a conducive and healthy environment.
- Recess break- to make it like virtual classrooms teachers should allow recess breaks between their classes so that the students don’t feel hepatic attending classes all the time which builds a positive atmosphere.
After all, teachers are the pillars of our education system and if the positive approach will be provided by those to students can create a big change in our education system particularly in this time where the condition is not static and teachers being are vital in making all this happen. So the society needs to learn how are we implementing online learning shifting towards online experience does not mean becoming socially distant.
Is online teaching beneficial to students?
The advantage of online studies, it allows students to learn anything by just sitting in their home. Some of the online teaching advantages are:
- E-learning– electronic learning may be a good way to save lots of time, money, and other expenses and is cost-efficient. All you would like maybe a phone, laptop, and Wi-Fi connection to attend the lectures and classes.
- Teacher’s support- within the time of this pandemic the faculty is providing constant support to their students. The online medium may be a good way to attach to numerous students with a more close session and talk with them and solving their problems out.
- Comfort and ease- online teaching, it’s provided students with a cushy zone where they will avoid long boredom classes and uneasiness.
- More attention- now students can more specialize in their studies and with no noisy classroom, it becomes easy for them to pay more attention towards studies and lectures.
- Recorded online lectures- one of the foremost important advantages of online teaching is that there are recorded sessions. Not only does it reinforce the education but a student can revise it before exams and acquire a fast brief.
- Self-discipline and responsible- online teaching not only provides knowledge at your step but also causes you to be reasonably well-versed towards your goals, time management what quantity of time to allot together with other things to be done.
How economical is online teaching?
Technology is sort of a gift to mankind where within just one click you can connect, gain information and learn new things. Online learning is one of them getting all the knowledge of books with conceptual understanding to information under one roof. One need not spend money on books to get just subscribe and buy that relevant course you’re inquisitive about with reasonable rates and benefits. The web recorded lectures are accessed anywhere and anytime, bookmarking the important notes and lectures, adjusting the videos, and taking note of your convenience may be a great factor of online learning.
Some students don’t seem to be financially stable but have the aptitude to be told and build their future and grow in life. There are certain platforms of education that help these students who aren’t stable and affordable education. It’s beneficial for both likewise the teacher because the student won’t be empty the education and target the studies and therefore the teacher is going to be given the salary for teaching that students.
Online teaching and learning is that the best way to gather information in one place. It gave plenty of opportunities and opens many doors for student careers and growth. E-learning has changed the face and perspective of education also being convenient and affordable. However, it offers everything from virtual training to measure sessions to an internet degree. There’s no stop for exploring things but all you would like is to be dedicated and goal-oriented to attain something in life. Online teaching hence, became a necessity during this pandemic time.
If we see that the positive thing that this pandemic has done is make people realize that how technology be used in its best way and how time could be utilized more efficiently and the internet has already made it possible through its certain tactics and strategies where nothing is impossible now. When the right techniques and strategies are used in an online platform then the teaching becomes more interesting and fun for students.