The most infuriating things that 50% of the world’s population i.e. the women face most of the time is fatigue, drowsiness, exhaustion, feeling low, longing for sleep the entire day, lack of motivation in life, anxiety, obesity, thyroid, anemia, joint pain, muscle pain, early awakening, etc.
These listed health issues are just a few of the many that are plaguing women. In India, women of age group 30-60 face most exertion, fatigue, and stress. Do you too experience fatigue all time and have low energy levels? Do you know someone facing these issues? Then you are at the right place. In this blog, we will be discussing simple and economical solutions to all your problems pretty ladies out there.
The so-called fatigue occurs due to the reduced strength of our tissues. Fatigue can be physical as well as mental. Hence we feel tired after crying.
Let’s look for the main reasons of the fatigue
- Sleeping issues/insomnia
- Irregular sleeping times
- Snoring while sleeping
- Having dreams
- Physical exertion
- Overthinking and overstressing
- Nutrition deficiencies
There can be multiple reasons for not having a quality sleep and calming our mind and brain and therefore we experience low energy levels during the day.
Pointers for a energized you
- If you are facing any medical or psychological issues, do consult a medical professional.
- Start practising meditation. Start Pranayam. It’s a good idea to incorporate yoga in your life.
- For a good night sleep, drink a glass of warm milk with turmeric (aka golden milk).
- You can also add some nutmeg powder to your milk. Nutmeg is considered a good spice for inducing sleep.
- It’s good to read a book or listen to a mild music.
- Avoid watching/listening/reading horror or terrifying stuff.
- Lack of iron and less oxygen supply results in fatigue as iron in red blood cells carry oxygen. So, do include iron rich substances in your diet like dates, green leafy vegetables, black rasins, pulses, eggs, etc.
- Vitamin C is essential for the successful absorption of iron. So you need to include citrus fruits like lemon, Indian gooseberry, orange, tomato, pineapple.
- Exercise atleast for a minimum of 30 minutes every morning.
- Avoid excess of caffeine in the form of coffee, tea, chocolate. Anything in limited is amount is normal. Reduce the intake gradually and don’t stop it all of a sudden, this can create any other trouble.
- Say a complete NO to junk food, packaged food.
- Take a complete nutrition based diet at fixed timings.
- Do include vitamin B-12 rich foods like corn, peanuts, eggs, dairy food, chicken.
- Necessarily consume sesame, coconut, curry leaves in some or the other form.
- Water is life. Having 8-10 glasses of water is necessary. Set water alarms.
- Sometimes it so happens due to menstruation that women experience low energy levels.
- Do consume Shatavari powder for the same through milk.
- ‘Yoga’ Journey for Starters
- Five Must Follow Yogaasans for Beginners
- Top 5 Advance Yoga Postures for Expert
- Let’s Salute Visible Divine with 12 Asans of Surya Namaskar
Before considering any treatment, individual health conditions and body types are to be considered and assessed. Let’s have a look at a few yoga poses that every woman should look forward to performing religiously.
1. Tadasana (Mountain pose)
This pose offers a good warm-up, increases flexibility, aids indigestion, strengthens arms and legs, and removes lethargy from your body.
- Stand straight on ground with a small gap between your feet.
- Interlock your fingers, inhale and raise your heels and take your arms above your head simultaneously.
- Try to focus on a single point and maintain this pose as long as you can (While holding the pose, continue normal breathing).
- Now exhale and come to the original position.
- Repeat atleast 3-5 cycles in the same way.
2. Vrikshasana (Tree pose)
This asana proves beneficial in emotional stability, mood swings, concentration. It helps in improving the balancing ability and achieving physical as well as mental stability.
- Stand erect with feet together. Fold your right leg and place it on your left thigh with the toes of right leg pointing downwards.
- The right leg should be perpendicular to the left.
- Extend your arms above your head. Inhale and make a namaskara mudra with your palms.
- Balance the pose and focus on a single point.
- Exhale and get your arms and legs to relax. Repeat with left leg.
- Repeat a minimum of 3 cycles.
3. Bhujangasana (Cobra pose)
This asana is effective in strengthening core muscles, arm muscles, elevating mood, obesity, and the menstrual irregularities that occur in women.
- Lie flat on your stomach with your hands besides your chest.
- Keep your feet together and toes touching the ground.
- As you inhale, lift your head, chest and abdomen.
- Exhale and come back to starting position.
- Repeat its 5 to 10 rounds.
4. Vajrasana (Thunderbolt pose)
This pose is very adamant in aiding digestion-related problems. This asana proves useful for women during menstrual cramps.
- Start by kneeling on the floor.
- Put your knees and ankles together and point your feet in-line with your legs.
- Put your hands on your thighs and sit comfortably.
5. Paschimottanasana (Seated forward bend pose)
This pose helps in calming the nervous system, relieving stress and depression. It is useful at times of menstrual discomfort and menopause as well.
- Sit on the ground with both the legs together stretched straight.
- Inhale while you take your hands upwards.
- Slowly exhale and and bend forward. Try to touch your toes with your hands and head to your knees.
Caution: Don’t try to stretch beyond your limits
6. Shashankasana (The rabbit pose)
This yogic pose is a relaxing pose for the body and mind. It’s also helpful in toning the pelvic muscles and relieving sciatic pain. It’s beneficial in providing the needed stretch to the upper body and spine.
- Sit in Vajrasana. Inhale and raise arms above the head.
- Exhale and slowly move the torso in the forward direction.
- Keep the arms slightly bent and rest the hands,forehead and elbows on the mat.
- Perform atleast 3 cycles to gain maximum benefits.
Caution: Avoid inversions and heavy cardio exercises during menstruation.
Bonus tip for all you pretty ladies: Spend some time with yourself and with nature. Nature has the power to nurture. Go to some village, mountain where nature has its abundance. Have coconut water, sugarcane juice.
Last but not least laugh more. Laughter adds life to your years.
So hope you have gained much more insight by reading this article. Keep reading, exploring, and spreading your big and wide smile!