A healthy mind resides in a healthy body. So, what more can you gift yourself than a sound, happy, and peaceful mind? What can be a better way than practicing the age-old ancestral gift of YOGA? Aware of the numerous benefits of YOGA we still tend to take a back seat when it comes to incorporating it into our daily lives. So here in this blog, we provide you with a starter yoga kit to begin your yogic journey.
‘Yoga’ is derived from a Sanskrit root word ‘yuj’ which means ‘to join’. Here it means to connect the individual self to the supreme. It’s a way to relax the body physically, mentally, and rise spiritually. Yoga has 8 stages as follows:
Out of all the 8 limbs, we are focusing on the Asanas. So without any further ado let’s dive into the yogic world. Here are 5 simple asanas to start the yogic journey that will provide you with remarkable health benefits.
Five easy started kit
1. TADASANA (THE PALM TREE POSE)
- Standing straight on ground with a small gap between your feet.
- Interlock your fingers, inhale and raise your heels and take your arms above your head simultaneously.
- Try to focus on a single point and maintain this pose as long as you can (While holding the pose, continue normal breathing).
- Now exhale and come to the original position.
- Repeat atleast 3 cycles.
- Offers a good body warm-up.
- Effective in increasing height.
- Increases flexibility.
- Aids indigestion
- Strengthens arms and legs and removes lethargy from body.
2. VRIKSHASANA (THE TREE POSE)
- Stand erect with feet together. Fold your right leg and place it on your left thigh with the toes of right leg pointing downwards.
- The right leg should be perpendicular to the left.
- Extend your arms above your head. Inhale and make a namaskara mudra with your palms.
- Balance the pose and focus on a single point.
- Exhale and get your arms and legs to relax. Repeat with left leg.
- Repeat atleast 3 cycles.
- Improves concentration.
- Improves balancing ability and achieves physical and mental stability.
- Strengthens ligament and tendon.
3. BHUJANGASANA (THE COBRA POSE)
- Lie flat on your stomach with your hands besides your chest.
- Keep your feet together and toes touching the ground.
- As you inhale, lift your head, chest and abdomen.
- Exhale and come back to initial position.
- Repeat its 5 rounds.
- Strengthens core muscles.
- Stimulates digestive system.
- Relieves constipation.
- Elevates mood, makes spine and muscles stronger.
- Effective in obesity.
- Reduces menstrual irregularities in women.
4. VAJRASANA (THE THUNDERBOLT POSE)
- Start by kneeling on the floor.
- Put your knees and ankles together and point your feet in-line with your legs.
- Put your hands on your thighs and sit comfortably.
- Helpful in digestion.
- Combats constipation, indigestion and acidity.
- Improves blood circulation.
- Corrects rounded back and drooping shoulders.
5. SHASHANKASANA (THE RABBIT POSE)
- Sit in Vajrasana. Inhale and raise arms above the head.
- Exhale and slowly move the torso in the forward direction.
- Keep the arms slightly bent and rest the hands,forehead and elbows on the mat.
- Perform 3 cycles.
- Tones the pelvic muscles.
- Relieves sciatic pain.
- Proves helpful in relaxing the body and mind.
- Provides a good stretch to the upper body.
Hope so that you are excited by reading how these simple asanas offer such incredible health benefits and you start with your Starter Kit from today itself. Get your yoga mats ready and don’t forget to share this article with your loved ones and spread the wealth of health.
Stay Healthy and Smiling!