The World is moving towards urbanisation, people are becoming progressive. What is the main idea of Urbanisation? Urbanisation refers to the momentum of the people from rural areas to urban areas. Urbanisation is a well-civilized form of life than our habitual quality of living. Urban and Rural these two are the most significant part of India. Urbanisation is a major parameter of a social-economic form of a country. But also, in urban life, there are so many difficulties that people have to face that every day.
Disadvantages of Urbanisation
- Urban areas are nurtured for those people who are already living there. But for migrates people who come from the villages they have to face many difficulties. There is expanding struggle for facilities in urban areas, which results in many unfavourable effects. Many individuals mostly farmers and villagers who move to cities in search of a good lifestyle and better job resources end up as informal labours. This leads to the menacing crisis of urbanisation the evolution of slums.
- The individuals chop the trees and build on land without any permission from the landowners. Slums are normally placed on land, not owned by the slum residents. They can be dislodged at any time by the landowners. This types of slums area can be congesting and lack sanitation. This constantly contributes to the epidemic of diseases.
- As individuals continue to move to urban areas, the population becomes a major problem. And with the population, pollution is also becoming a major problem in cities. Energy becomes deficient, and some people convert to illegal electricity alliances and others address the utilisation of inapt cooking fuels such as firewood and charcoal, which raise the number of carbon emission.
- Pollution becomes a main problem in urban areas. The lifting number of people raise in number multiply the supply of water, which affects water shortages, therefore, hygiene is negotiated. Also, the population, after utilising wastewater on land which generates overburden disposal, generates a less effectual sight, dirty odour emerging from the sewage and flies which are enticed by the filthy gas.
- As the population surplus, fresh water in urbanized cities becomes costly. And some of the people choose to take water from the hard by streams. This water is untreated and can reason of diseases such as cholera.
- Cities with high-rise population face issues of trash management. The urban areas have very small green ark which would provide descend for some of the gases that are by the soak up plants lessening their impairment presence in the atmosphere. Tree cover also benefits in generating oxygen and the pure air we breathe in. so, urban areas have a shortfall in clean air divergent the commuter and rural lifestyles.
With all these disadvantages, urbanisation has many advantages also.
Advantages of Urbanisation
- Urbanisation is moving forward in the country’s business regions by providing more jobs and a more different economy. We can find many opportunities and many aid platforms according to our interests. A wide organisation of goods and services has to develop Morden commercial societies and industries that empowered the evolution of urban areas. Commercialization and marketing offer town and cities decent business reliefs and returns related to rural areas.
- Cities are decent that rural villages, people get enough water supply and electricity. Coverting and analysis programs are possible only in cities. In Most of the cities, residences are regnant. In flats, many individuals can be accommodated within a little property.
- In fact, people can get the best education for their children. More schools, colleges and universities are established in cities to educate and expand human resources. Diversity of educational options are available offering students an extensive choice for their future careers. In this era of educational society, it has become more and more necessary.
- Enter to social services, health and cultural activities is more immediately available to people in cities than in villages.
Also read: An evening at a village of ‘Rural India’
- Living in cities is much more concessive, compared to living in villages. Cities have more livelihood facilities than villages. And it also has more upgrade communication and transport systems. Internet and social networking life are more active in urban societies. People are more socially active and have a better understanding of each other. Individuals of many cast, groups and religions live and work with each other in cities, which builds better understanding and consonance and helps break down social and cultural barriers. Social life is very important for every individual. Urban life can help to understand that.
- The city is much occupied because of the accessible entertainment. There is plenty of stuff to do during the day as well as at the time of the night. Individuals can visit museums, clubs, libraries, beaches, parks, restaurants, theatres as well as other spots during the day and night. You will never be tired because there is so much stuff to do in the city.
- High-tech businesses earn asset foreign trade and a lot of money for the country. Cities can provide well economy for the county and this may help the county to develop. Urbanisation has benefited millions avoidance poverty through improved productivity, employment opportunities.
- Urbanisation aims modifications, comprising green technologies. In the extended period, environment-friendly gadgets, vehicles, and utilities will specify the future of the green economy.
- Cities have also good protection than villages because police are always available for petrol. There are a lot of police officers in the city so you can get service whenever you need it. There are cameras accessible that will help the police resolve crimes in the area.
This is how urbanisation is important in this era. We have to solve many problems that we face in urbanisation.
Overviewing what is urbanisation? A blessing or a curse? We show its pros and cons and after that, we can see how urbanisation is important in this growing world. Definitely, it has many disadvantages but we have to focus on the positive side.
This article shows that how urbanisation is a blessing for the people. The Urban area plays an important role as producers and disseminators of knowledge. This is because of the highly organized urbanized world. Most remarkable, the geographical adjacency of people in urban areas enables the propagation of intentions.
Urban area adores the benefits of technological improvement. Furthermore, many kinds of technologies get executed in urban areas. Moreover, urban people rapidly get in touch with the latest technology. Industries are a framework in our cities so that the items produced in the evolved world can be exported. It makes a positive donation to job structure and national income growth.
Urbanisation is a measure that is on an incessant rise. Furthermore, urbanisation assures the modification of rural culture into urban culture. Moreover, the government must be watchful to the quickly increasing urbanisation. A completely urbanised world gazes like the extreme density of our world.
In this pandemic, we show many good sides of urban centres. Good hospitals, perfect doctors who saved much life. The City government must have projects to manage the results of urbanisation on poverty, employment, services, transport, imbalance, and most important factor Global Warming. Only by dealing with these interconnected problems, and both the political and technical boundaries to change, can they certify a better quality of life for millions of urban citizens.